A4L’s Arts Policy Hub is in development.
What A4L proposes advocacy, evidence and argument for strengthening the role of culture in cultural policy and in support of other Labour priorities and policy areas.
The Arts Policy Hub has three sets of policy related documents:
Labour’s 2017 manifestos for the UK, Scotland and Wales.
Sections focusing on aspects of cultural policy, with links to research and examples of progressive, cultural democratic practice. We propose sections on
- Culture, Arts and Education
- Diversity, Opportunity and Access
- Funding cultural democratic priorities, including Local Authorities and the national cultural infrastructure
- Planning for stronger local cultures.
- Heritage, Museums and Libraries
- Media Literacy
Blogs and articles on cultural democracy, and links to related cultural democracy sites.